Thursday, February 2, 2012

This Week's Best and Worst

On Sunday night I watched one of the most endearing films that I can remember seeing recently.  Midnight In Paris features a really amazing cast (including: Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams, Marion Cotillard, and Kathy Bates to name a few) and was directed and written by Woody Allen.  Normally I am not a fan of Allen's work, but this had a superior artistic touch that really deserves some attention.  I would recommend this film to anyone!


Within the past week, I have had the extreme inconvenience of watching a flop from 2011, known as Immortals.  I could not find one nice thing to say about it.  My constructive criticism includes this, however: 1) the costumes and music should have been more in an authentic ancient Greek theme, 2) there should have been more female gods (goddesses) included in the plot.  (The motivational speech given to an army was reminiscent of a football coach's pep talk before a big game...appropriate? Who knows?)

I don't normally grade movies, but this one deserves a D- (for sure).




Thanks for reading/following!


No comments:

Post a Comment