Saturday, June 29, 2013

Man of Steel

Artwork property of WB Pictures


I will admit, prior to watching Man of Steel, I had mixed feelings.  On one hand, the casting was amazing (Amy Adams as Lois Lane, that's positively brilliant), but I had been disappointed when comparing DC to Marvel; it felt like a case of gloom vs. fun.

If you have skepticism about spending the money to see Man of Steel, you shouldn't.  It is one of the best made superhero films I have ever seen (and trust me, I've seen my fare share of the recent ones).  As I like to describe him, Superman (Clark Kent/Kal-El), is the perfect combination of Thor and Captain America...an attractive guy from a far away planet with a first-class dad and a passion for doing the right thing without killing everyone (not to mention his color scheme being quite similar to CA).

This film was a great way to start re-telling the story of Superman.  It provides a phenomenal back-story and evolution of his character that really allow any viewer to become fully involved in the hero's story.

As I mentioned earlier, the casting of this film was one of it's most memorable features.  There could be no better actress to play momma Martha Kent than , while shines in the role of Jor-El (biological father of our beloved superhero).

To rave a bit more about my new big-screen favorite, the action scenes do not disappoint.  It is a fear of mine that action will get out of hand and detract from the value of the story of a film (looking at you Transformers 3).  With this newest portrayal of the Superman story, there is a successful balance of heart-pumping action with real cause for building smashing.

[Try it, you'll like it.]



Thank you for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment